Welcome to English Language Arts 20-2! My name is Mr. Takach and I am excited to be learning with you this semester.
In this class, we will focus on READING, WRITING, LISTENING,SPEAKING, VIEWING, and REPRESENTING to:
1) explore thoughts, ideas, feelings, and experiences
2) comprehend text in many forms and respond personally, critically, and creatively.
3) manage ideas and information.
4) create a variety of texts, and enhance the clarity and artistry of communication.
5) respect, support, and collaborate with others.
The ultimate goals of English Language Arts are to empower you to understand and appreciate language and use it confidently and competently for a variety of purposes, with a variety of audiences, and in a variety of situations for communication, personal
satisfaction, and learning. To meet these goals, I will endeavour to provide interesting texts for us to explore and useful assignments for you to do. I will also do my best to help you develop an understanding and appreciation for the artistry of literature.
All in all, I will do my best to help you succeed in meeting both the goals of this course and your own goals. Please do not hesitate to seek my assistance.